- PhD student, Statistical Genetics, The University of Queensland, 2020-2023
- MSc, Applied Statistics, Renmin University of China, 2014-2016
- BSc, Animal Science, China Agricultural University, 2010-2014
Honors & Awards
- UQ Research Training Scholarship, 2020-2023
- Scholarship of Academic Excellence, China Agricultural University, 2011, 2012
- Outstanding Student Leader Awards, China Agricultural University, 2012
- Fonterra Dairy Scholarship, China Agricultural University, 2011
Publications (Google Scholar)
Fan P, Bian B, Teng L, Nelson CD, Driver JD, Elzo MA, Jeong KC. Role of host genetics in shaping early gut microbiota revealed by using a crossbred bovine model. The ISME Journal. 2019
Yao X, Tang S, Bian B, Wu X, Chen G, Wang C-C. Improved phylogenetic resolution for Y-chromosome Haplogroup O2a1c-002611. Scientific Reports. 2017;7:1146. doi:10.1038/s41598-017-01340-z.
Beilei Bian, Jinping Hao, Fangxi Yang, Shengqiang Hu, Zhuocheng Hou. Study on Feeding Behavior and the Relationship between Residual Feed Intake and Some Economic Traits in Peking Ducks. China Poultry,2014,36(16):8-11. [In Chinese]
Data Scientist, Percent, 2017.5-2018.10
I was a data scientist at Percent, a leading big data company in China. My responsibilities included developing statistical model for population projection and mastered knowledge in demography, analyzing malaria incidence dataset in Africa with spatial statistical methods. I also learned RNN, LSTM for natural language processing.
Algorithm Engineer, WeGene, 2016.6-2017.4
At WeGene, the largest DTC company in China, I developed algorithm and shiny apps for ancestry analysis and optimized the efficiency of the R code. Undertook task of analyzing Axiom genotyping array data. Investigated the accuracy of APoE genotypes derived from Axiom array.
- radmixture(An R package for individual ancestry analysis)
Algorithm for ancestry analysis and its performance optimization (slides)
Presented at the 10th China R conference. East China Normal University, Shanghai, China. December, 2016
Sentiment analysis using product review data (slides)
Presented at R Users Group meetup. Shanghai, China. July, 2017
- R user with 7 years’ experience and 3 years’ of R engineering experience. Familiar with the workflow of developing R package and R high performance programming.
- Advanced knowledge in shiny app development.
- Web scraping with scrapy and rvest.
- Good knowledge of genomics and molecular biology. Familiar with PLINK and Affymatrix Axiom genotyping workflow.